The main objectives of ERN ReCONNET are:
- Realisation of the potential of European cooperation among rCTDs stakeholders, by providing a stable and fully functioning European infrastructure on rCTDs;
- Provision of highly-specialised care for rCTDs patients and promotion of improvements in the cost-effective delivery of diagnosis, management and monitoring of rCTDs patients;
- Pooling, advancing and exchanging of knowledge and information on rCTDs by providing training and education for rCTDs stakeholders and by facilitating the mobility of expertise;
- Stimulating and encouraging collaborative patient-centered research in rCTDs;
- Promoting the empowerment and the involvement of rCTDs patients in the rCTDs community.
On these premises, 5 Working Group (WG) ERN ReCONNET are formally established in ERN ReCONNET:
- WG Education and Training
- WG Patients’ Partnership
- WG Research and Quality of care
- WG Registry and eHealth
- WG ERN young.
The ERN ReCONNET Working Groups are composed of:
- 2 Chairing Healthcare Providers or organisations;
- 2 representatives for each disease covered by ERN ReCONNET*;
- ePAG Advocates*;
- The ERN ReCONNET Coordination Team.
*Only for the ERN young WG, the 2 representatives and the ePAG Advocates have to be under 45 years of age.