Revision of the EU general pharmaceuticals legislation
The public consultation on the revision of the EU General Pharmaceuticals legislation is open until October 16th 2023.
As part of the EU pharmaceuticals strategy, and drawing lessons from the COVID-19 pandemic, the European Commission plans to evaluate and revise the EU’s general legislation on medicines for human use to ensure a future-proof and crisis-resistant medicines regulatory system.
The revision will aim to:
• Ensure access to affordable medicines
• Foster innovation, including in areas of unmet medical need
• Improve security of supply
• Adapt to new scientific and technological developments
• Reduce red tape
The process is simple :
- Click on this link
- Scroll down to Commission Adoption
- Click on Give Feedback
- Get in with your login and password or create an account
Answering is easy: Free text less than 4000 words. Using any language you wish.
Write the needs and issues you want to be addressed in the revised leglislation with regards to drug developement and access to medicines for patients with rare diseases.