Health workforce challenges: ways forward for policy making
Join this #EUHPP Live Webinar scheduled on Jan. 26th from 10.00 to 12.00.
Health workers are the beating heart of every health system, as no health system can function and be sustainable without them. The global and regional demand for health workers is expected to increase in the coming decades, due to the ageing of the population, epidemiological factors and additional emerging factors.
This development comes with challenges for policy makers in terms of availability, definition of the appropriate skill mix, working conditions of health professionals.
The Health Workforce Projects Cluster of the EU Health Policy Platform is organising a Europe-wide conference to discuss relevant policy recommendations, developed on the basis of the results achieved within the cluster, and to launch a call to translate them into action.
Projects of the Health Workforce Projects Cluster are the following:
- Action for Health and Equity – Addressing Medical Deserts: AHEAD
- MEnTal hEalth: fOcus on Retention of healthcare workers: METEOR
- prOmoting evidence-bASed rEformS: OASES
- Empowering EU health policies on Task SHIfting: TaSHI
- A Roadmap OUT of mEdical deserts into supportive Health WorkForce initiatives and policies: ROUTE-HWF
Full agenda, more details, and registration link can be found here.